I’m cheating a little bit with the title of this post because, to be honest, I’m stuck in that time warp of international travel. You know, the kind where you’re not quite sure what day it is. It’s Friday somewhere, or at least pretty close to it!
To celebrate the new year, and since we’re in Japan, we thought we’d give away our favorite candy: Kit Kats!
Apparently Kit Kats are the most popular candy bars here, because “Kit Kat” sounds like the Japanese phrase “Kitto Katsu,” which translates to something like “to certainly win” (possibly a variation on ftw? hehe). Kids take them into exams for good luck. We’re taking them into our next year of business for good luck, and we’d like to extend the good luck to you.
To make Kit Kats even more fun on this side of the world, there is a HUGE assortment of flavors, many of which are seasonal. The four we are giving away are green tea (sakura maccha latte), strawberry tarte, a “regular” version, and my personal current winter favorite, otona, which is a blend of dark cookies and white chocolate. Cookies and cream Kit Kat! They. Are. Delicious!
Btw, as far as I know, you cannot get green tea Kit Kats in the States. I did find an online retailer once, but they were selling it for 3x the normal price, plus an obscene amount for shipping.
You have until 11:59pm Eastern time on Sunday, January 1, to enter/comment. A winner will be chosen using random.org (comments will be sorted by time/date) on Monday, January 2. Please also note the following rules:
- Only entry per person is allowed, but feel free to comment as much as you’d like!
- You must have a valid US mailing address. We didn’t want to exclude our international readers, but we also wanted to avoid customs and shipment delays, so if you live overseas but have relatives in the US, feel free to enter!
- We are not responsible for lost, stolen, or late shipments. Or candy bars damaged during transit. Or postal service employees eating candy bars.
- Winner will be announced on the blog and will have 48 hours to email us with their valid mailing address (or we’ll choose another winner and you’ll be sad).
- Should any conflicts arise, we reserve the right to make the final decision.
Good luck, and here’s to a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2012!