Okay, so I dropped the ball on Friday Favorites from this summer. But in an effort to blog more, I’m bringing them back!
- I was born in the Philippines and moved to the States when I was two years old. I retained my native tongue because my parents refused to answer me if I spoke English inside the house. It was torture back then, but I’m so thankful now!
- I’m very picky with pens– since I write so small, I need a thin pen (0.5 or thinner). American pens are too fat, so I usually stock up when I visit my parents in Japan.
- I lived in Japan for a year (my senior year of high school), and I’ve visited at least once a year since college. My dad’s job has him stationed out there, and it is the best place EVER. I’m also very, very critical of sushi.
- I knew Chris was the guy I was going to marry when we went to Costco one time (very early in our friendship; I think about 2 months in)– we both ate our hot dogs plain and used the condensation on our soda cups to “wash” our hands. L-O-V-E! Of course, I didn’t tell him he was my future husband and let him figure it out for himself, bwahahha.
- Needles don’t phase me at all. This probably has to do with the fact that I’ve been type 1 diabetic for 18.5 years. (I also love answering questions from inquiring minds about diabetes!)
- As a product of going on my first big international trip when I was a toddler, I absolutely LOVE to travel, preferably to other countries. I don’t mind being jet lagged because it means I’ve been somewhere. :)
- My attention span is too short to watch a movie (unless it’s in a theater). I’m also waaaay behind– I watched Armageddon in 2008 and Scarface oh…3 days ago. :X
- My poison of choice at Starbucks is a grande soy latte. Hot or cold depending on the weather.
- I love to cook and I actually don’t mind ironing Chris’ shirts. He does the dishes and laundry, so it’s a pretty awesome trade off. ;)
- My most productive hours are between midnight and 6am…which sometimes poses a problem because my full-time job starts at 9am.
- In freshman year of college, a friend and I were wandering around Newport Harbor (in Newport Beach, CA). We were walking by some huge yachts and I pointed to the biggest one and said, “Man, I wanna get married in that!” I forgot about this until six years later, when that same friend reminded me…at Chris’ and my wedding reception on that same yacht.
- I have astoundingly bad vision. My contact lens prescription is probably worse than yours; I’ve only met one other person who has a higher script than I.
- I have a scarf obsession. They’re just so darn cozy! My wallet is not safe from those $5 pashmina stands in NYC.
- Chris is in pharmacy school, and I laugh whenever he mentions vancomycin. It sounds like a villain!
- I love lists, and as much as I use my iPhone, nothing beats a pen and paper for list making.